GOSTD Delivery Policy
Please read the following information carefully prior to placing your order with us.
On Pallet Deliveries
All GOSTD products that are to be delivered on pallets, this would be all 20kg bags and smaller deliveries of 1 tonne bulk bags, will be by 3rd party hauliers using a tail-lift and manual pallet truck process.
The pallet will be delivered using a tail-lift vehicle and manoeuvred using a pallet pump truck. For this reason we can only guarantee delivery to the KERBSIDE or if possible and at the drivers discretion, a drive way or hard standing close to the delivery vehicle, it should be remembered that the vehicle delivering your order will be heavy, and if required to leave the public road that its total weight could be 7.5t, 18t or 26t. All deliveries where the driver agrees to your request to leave the public highway are your full responsibility.
All larger GOSTD product deliveries or if you have requested a crane off load, may in the case of 20kg bags arrive on pallets that will be craned off. All crane offload deliveries of bulk bags (fibc) will be without pallets. All crane/hiab deliveries are carried out by 3rd party hauliers.
Hiab delivery vehicles are normally rigid and longer than normal lorries, the longest have a total length of around 18 meters, so will need good width access at your location for turning, they also require good firm ground so that they can deploy side supporting jacks whilst off loading, also you should ensure that there are no overhead telephone or power lines that could cause a problem at the off loading location. Hiab vehicles delivering your order will be heavy, and if required to leave the public road bear in mind that it has a total weight of 18t or 26t. All deliveries where the driver agrees to your request to leave the public highway is done at your full risk and responsibility.
We CAN only deliver if:
- You have an even, smooth and/or hardstanding area
- There are no obstructions like trees, overhead cables, etc
- Your location has enough room to accept a 7.5t, 18t or 26t lorry
- You have enough room on your driveway - If not, delivery will be made to the KERBSIDE
We CAN’T deliver if:
- The delivery is to be offloaded onto gravel, stone, grass, soft or uneven surface
- The lorry was has to go on any type of incline or slope during off loading process
- There are obstructions such as trees, cables or wires, etc
- The pallet has to be lifted over an obstruction. like a KERB or STEP. (On Pallet Deliveries Only)
Any ATTEMPTED but failed deliveries will be charged to you, if you have failed to provide us with detailed delivery information and the subsequent delivery is deemed impossible, due to your failure to read and understand the GOSTD Delivery Policy.
The charge for an 'Attempted Delivery' and 'Re-Delivery' starts from £45 + VAT.